Gas Evaluation & Diagnosis
The processing of gas requires suitable techniques and procedures in order to link gas production and the application of gases for the investigation of the gas contents. BIOENERGY 2020+ and its scientific partners have been working together for years on the advancement and improvement of existing methods as well as the development of new techniques for the evaluation of the increasing quality requirements of product and synthetic gas.
The techniques are to be divided into the following subtasks:
- Mass flow determination of process components in plants
- Continuous gas analysis (CO, CO2, CH4, H2)
- Gas component sampling for further gas constituents (C2, C3, C4)
- Determination of by-products
- Tar fractions (PAH, BTXE-S, Phenols)
- Noxious gases (NH3, H2S, COS, HCN, HCl, heavy metals)
- Total Sulphur
- Water vapour loading
GC (gas chromatograph) for analysis of sulphur in synthetic gases
Through the year-long development work and experiences, various technical possibilities exist for the investigation of samples and operating materials from gasification plants:
- For the operation of plants, relevant materials and resources can be characterised with respect to operation, process engineering and emission characteristics.
- Solid fuel such as combustion fuel and ash are to be analysed in cooperation with the Central Laboratory (located in Graz).
- The sampling of plants is to be carried out by employees at the sites in Graz and Güssing.
- Specific investigations of liquid samples are to be carried out on tar fractions and gas associated material
- The investigation of samples is to take place in correlation with ongoing research projects during the development of processes and within the framework of the external services
For special tasks, there exists the longstanding cooperation with the following partners:
- Technical University of Vienna
- Network UTG
- Technical Control Board-South (Munich)
- VTI-Institute Hamburg
- FELMI (Electronic Microscopy)