Full implementation of possible primary measures to reduce emissions and integration of a new oxidation catalyst system (a bulk material catalyst) in existing or newly developed biomass combustion appliances will make the developed products defining a new standard in their class concerning gaseous and particulate emissions.
The project concept consists of the following major steps:
• Development of evaluation methods for combustion catalysts and for catalyst systems
• Performance analysis of the catalytic material
• Performance analysis of five considered log wood room heater
• Optimization of room heaters by primary measures
• Integration of catalyst system into room heaters and optimization of overall performance